The Department of Mechanical Engineering has several specialized laboratories that are available for research projects.
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Laboratory
This facility is an advanced manufacturing engineering laboratory with full-size computer-numerically-controlled (CNC) machines.The CNC mill has high-speed machining capability.
- Plasma and Combustion Research Laboratory
- Materials Research Laboratories
These laboratories include a small foundry, tensile testing machines, and associated equipment for materials characterization.
- Micro-CHP Demonstration Laboratory
- Thermal Management & Energy Harvesting Laboratories
These facilities allow for the manufacture and characterization of novel thermal management devices and energy harvesting technology, consisting of: high-temperature furnace, precision scales, hermetic sealing capabilities, temperature/humidity-controlled wind tunnels and more.